Chairperson (Organizational Development Committee Chair)
Lead through stewardship and facilitation the business and activities of the Intergroup, specifically focused on the care and feeding of the Service Board, and with special support to the Assistant Chairperson.
- Facilitate all Service Board and Intergroup meetings
- Conduct annual (or more frequent) Service Board planning sessions to provide direction on the needs of the organization
- Communicate the overall goals of the organization and ensure that the committees are well aligned to work together towards common long-term and short-term goals
- Ensure that organizational documents are updated on a consistent basis (Bylaws, others as needed)
- Organize committees with the best use of people, process, and technology; committees, members-at-large, paid employees, volunteers, etc.
- Provide regular updates to the Service Board and Intergroup about goals and outcomes
- Strive to develop solid bench strength of Service Board so that there is continuity of service
- Ensure a smooth onboarding process for new Service Board members
- Encourage ISR participation at the committee level and use that as a forum to develop future Service Board members
Assistant Chairperson (Human Resources Committee Chair)
Lead all aspects of Human Resource needs of the organization ensuring compliance to federal and state laws is correct and ensure the long-term well being of all paid employees and volunteers within the “Service Center”.
- Lead operations within the “Service Center” to include paid employees and volunteers
- Manage performance expectations and development of the Program Director
- Ensure that the pipeline of volunteers is healthy to support the “Service Center” as well as the Beginners Meeting
- Ensure a smooth on boarding process for new Intergroup members
- In conjunction with the Fund Development committee ,plan and carry out annual (or more frequent) open house at the Service Center
- Guide the Service Board on performance of the Program Director and recommendations about pay changes
- Fill in as Chairperson as needed
Treasurer (Finance Committee Chair)
Provide continuous oversight of the funds flowing in and out of the organization, ensuring spending decisions support the work of the organization, allow for ample reserve, contain expenses, and align with revenue goals
- Lead financial planning and management within the “Service Center”
- Manage performance expectations and development of the Bookkeeper.
- Ensure that proper financial controls are in place and carry out needed financial duties in support of said controls
- In conjunction with the Fund Development committee, develop an annual budget in support of the financial needs of the organization
- Guide the Service Board on capital expenditures and recommendations about pay changes for the Bookkeeper.
- Review analysis and trends to assess best way to communicate to the Service Board and Intergroup; strive for as much transparency as possible
- Fill in as Assistant Chairperson as needed.
Secretary (Communication Committee Chair)
Lead internal and external communication for the organization to include print, web and media. Ensure branding is consistent with WSO guidelines and collaborative with the Districts in the 9-county Southeastern Wisconsin area, Area 61 and Alcoholics Anonymous.Lead communication planning and execution for AFG of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.
- Ensure that internal communication is provided verbally and in writing for any regular or special meetings of the Service Board and Intergroup.
- Align all communication with the guidelines set for by WSO and in accordance with the branding of the organization.
- In conjunction with the Group Outreach and Community Outreach committees, develop any needed communication and materials to support their efforts
- Guide the Service Board on recommendations pertaining to the development and design of the website
- Ensure that the website is updated in a timely manner
- Guide the Program Director on policies and procedures for document management
- Fill in a Service Board Officer if needed
Fund Development (Fund Development Committee Chair)
Lead efforts to raise awareness of the “Service Center” about our tradition of self-supporting through: Group Donations, Literature Donations and Events
- Raise awareness about our financial support model for AFG of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.
- Create additional pipeline of qualified fund development where appropriate and ensure that any method of donation is as simple as possible
- Ensure the method of receiving funds and forms of payment are current with the market
- In conjunction with the Treasurer, manage the ecommerce aspect of funding
- In conjunction with the Finance committee, help advise with the development of an annual budget in support of the financial needs of the organization
- In conjunction with the Group Outreach and Community Outreach committees, support their efforts
- Ensure the ongoing health of the Snow Ball
- Develop sub-committees in support of committee work, especially Events
- Fill in as Service Board Officer if needed
Community Outreach (Community Outreach Committee Chair)
Lead efforts to raise awareness of the work and value of the Al-Anon Family Groups of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc., specifically related to under served communities. Develop relationships with alliance organizations, both public and private.
- Raise awareness within under served communities about services offered by the “Service Center” and the 9-county area it serves.
- Create an ongoing communication and support program to ensure connectivity with institutions.
- Ensure the health of donating new and used literature for redistribution to under served communities.
- In conjunction with the Group Outreach committee, support Alateen Sponsor Certification Program (AMIAS)
- In conjunction with the Communication committee, ensure communication about AFG of Southeastern Wisconsin is well publicized
- Continue to define what is meant by “under served” and develop programs to support a focused approach. Currently defined; Teens, Men, African American, Hispanic, Hmong and LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer or questioning identities)
- Develop sub-committees in support of committee work, especially literature donation coordination
- Fill in as Service Board Officer if needed
Group Outreach (Group Outreach Committee Chair)
Lead efforts to raise awareness of the work and value of the “Service Center” specifically related to participation in donations, decision-making and service. Create an ongoing communication and contact program to ensure connectivity with all registered groups in the 9-county area.
- Raise awareness about our services offered by the “Service Center”, the need for financial and volunteer support, and assist registered groups’ in their understanding of the Intergroup’s decision-making process
- Increase participation of ISRs from groups that do not regularly attend the Intergroup meeting
- Visit and educate registered groups that DO NOT have an ISR of the importance of that position
- In conjunction with the Community Outreach committee, support the development of new groups, particularly Alateen and in other underserved communities
- In conjunction with the Communication committees, ensure communication about special events are well publicized
- In conjunction with the Human Resources committee, support the ongoing health of participating ISRs
- In conjunction with the Community Outreach committee, organize and support Alateen Sponsor Certification Program (AMIAS)
- Fill in as Service Board Officer if needed
- Alateen Liason should be an Al-Anon member with or in the active process of getting AMIAS certification (Al-Anon Member Involved in Alateen Service). This includes:
- Being an Al-Anon member who regularly attends Al-Anon meetings.
- Being at least 23 years old.
- Having at least two years in Al-Anon, in addition to any time in Alateen.
- Having not been convicted of a felony, not been charged with child abuse or any sexually inappropriate behaviors and have not demonstrated emotional problems which could result in harm to Alateen members.
- The primary objective of this individual is to serve as an information conduit between the Intergroup/broader Al-Anon community and local Alateen Groups and Alateen Community as a whole. Toward this end, this individual will keep the Intergroup informed of Alateen events, developments or new meetings, and provide regular reminders regarding Alateen needs of support from the Al-Anon community.
- Keep all Alateen group sponsors informed about the Midlake Conference and scholarships available.
- Assist the Area Alateen Process Person with annual AMAIS recertification
- It is preferred, but not essential to have sponsored an Alateen group for six months or more